We are evangelical Christians in the Reformed, Presbyterian tradition.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
We are guided in our thinking about God and our purpose in the world by several historic statements of Christian doctrine and practice:
- The Apostles' Creed -- an historic, concise affirmation of the common core of doctrine believed by all true Christians
- The Westminster Confession of Faith -- an historic statement of faith for Reformed believers
- The Westminster Shorter Catechism -- a basic study of Christian doctrine in question-and-answer format
- The Book of Church Order -- the denominational "operating instructions" for the Presbyterian Church in America